General Button Information & Important Dates
Button Sales: Timeline
- General button sales begin in October on Columbus Day weekend. Buttons are sold by several local merchants, and online. Details about merchants currently selling buttons is available on the Buy Buttons page.
- Early button sales are available now, at The Chatham Clothing Bar (see more detail on the Buy Buttons page)
Button prices (for 12/31/2023)
As We Get Close To First Night Chatham
- Online button sales will end no later than midnight December 30th (earlier if buttons are running low). The only way to purchase buttons on Dec 29th – 31st is to buy them at First Night Chatham Headquarters.
- Local merchants generally will continue to sell buttons until Dec 28th, or until they are sold out. Some may choose to stop a bit earlier. Check the Buy Buttons page, which will be kept up-to-date with available locations.
General Button Information
- Buttons are required for most First Night Chatham performances and activities. There are also plenty of button-free activities, button-free activities, which are well marked on the website and in the program. Most indoor venues require a button. Most outdoor activities do not require a button.
- Admission into performance venues is not guaranteed, due to capacity limits. The most popular performances typically have a line at the door before performance time.
- Everyone needs a button to be in the audience at First Night Chatham performances (even First Night Chatham Committee members and volunteers). The only exceptions are for button-free activities, and for children ages two and under.
- Button sales are final. Sorry, no refunds or exchanges.
- It is wise to get your buttons early, since buttons have sold out several years in the past. Don’t wait until the last minute. If you can’t get to one of the merchants selling buttons, online button purchase is fast and easy.
- The best way to buy First Night Chatham buttons using a credit card is to buy them online. Button sales at local merchants and at First Night Chatham Headquarters typically require cash or check only (although you might find an exception) .
- First Night Chatham Headquarters will be open every day starting after Christmas (exact opening date and times will be posted later), continuing through all day on Dec 31st. starting December 17th, continuing through all day on Dec 31st. See the First Night Chatham Headquarters page for details of open times.
Local Button Sales
- Button sales at local merchants are payable with cash or check only, please. There is no fee or sales tax.
- Merchant button sales begin in October on Columbus Day weekend (same as online button sales).
- Local merchants generally will continue to sell buttons until Dec 28th, or until they are sold out. Some may choose to stop a bit earlier.
- Buttons may also be purchased at First Night Chatham Headquarters, from the time it opens in late December, on December 17th, through Dec 31st (unless we sell out). Cash or check only, please. The only way to purchase buttons on Dec 29th – 31st is to buy them at First Night Chatham Headquarters.
- Online button sales begin in October on Columbus Day weekend (same as general button sales at local merchants).
- Online button purchases must be paid using a credit card, or a PayPal account. You do not need to have a PayPal account in order to use your credit card during online checkout.
- For orders placed until the end of business on December 16th, you will have a choice on how to receive your buttons. You may have the buttons shipped to your mailing address via the US Post Office, or you may have the buttons help for pickup ("will call") at First Night Chatham headquarters. Look for “Delivery Method” during checkout. Different fees apply to the two delivery methods; see details at the bottom of this page.
- Orders placed after end of business on December 16th will be held for pickup at First Night Chatham Headquarters. (shipping is not offered).
- For Will-Call button orders, please allow 24 hours for your buttons to be available at First Night Chatham Headquarters.
- When you make an online purchase, you will receive two emails: one is an order confirmation from First Night Chatham, and the other is a payment confirmation from PayPal. If you are picking up your buttons at First Night Chatham Headquarters, please bring one of these emails as a record of your purchase.
- Online button sales will end no later than midnight December 28th (earlier if buttons are running low). The only way to purchase buttons on Dec 29th – 31st is to buy them at First Night Chatham Headquarters.
- There is a small convenience fee for online orders. The online convenience fee is reduced (but not eliminated) for buttons held for pickup at First Night Chatham Headquarters.
Online Shipping & Handling & Convenience Fees
Shipping & Handling
for Shipped Buttons
for Pickup Buttons
|$1 - $75||$6||$3|
|$76 - $150||$9||$4|
|$151 - $225||$12||$6|
|$226 - 325||$16||$8|
|$326 & up||$20||$10|